Don't Ski Too Much Like Ted

Hey kids, here's another good reason to pick your inside hand up off the snow:  If you don't, you can destroy your thumb and you will be off snow for 4 weeks.

Robert Overing, New Brunswick's finest, mailed in these pictures after he injured his hand by smashing it on the hinge of a GS gate. In his own words:
"Shattered the joint in my thumb closest to my wrist into 6 or 7 pieces (technically called a Rolando fracture). When they cut me open they saw that there were only two pieces large enough for a screw (He said the rest were like egg shells). They therefore put a pin in that connects my thumb bone to my index finger bone in my hand to keep the joint stable so the smaller pieces can heal properly."
Yuck.











So, here's to keeping the inside half up.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment