35m GS Skis: The Jury Deliberates


Alright, I'll say it: Warner Nickerson has produced what might be the best ski racing-related video of all time. Okay, that might be a stretch. But it's really good, and I've never seen anything like it. It's up close, informal, totally unscripted, with the biggest stars of men's ski racing including Marcel Hirscher, Ivica Kostelic, and Robby Kelley. It perfectly captures the subject at hand, from the initial freakout (guilty), to the real issue of FIS's style of governance, to the projections that 35m skis will hurt the sport in the long run because they aren't fun (a dubious claim, in my opinion).

Regardless of what you think of the issue, this is a new style and perspective on ski racing that we're hopefully going to see a lot more of in the future. I have no idea if Warner plans to do more of this - he probably doesn't know either - but I really hope he does.

-

5 comments:

  1. Nice video.I love the athletes' answers to the Warner's question.I enjoyed watching.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent video compilation. I like it for it is totally unscripted and their answers were from their heart. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome video. I enjoyed listening to the athletes' answers. It is great to know their opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be so much Fun. Great video guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work, excellent video compilation. Enjoyed watching this thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete